A lens for every lifestyle.
All of the lenses our doctors recommend at Beach Eye Care are of high quality. No matter what your budget, Varilux has the lens to fit your lifestyle. Our Varilux Specialists are here to assist and anticipate your every need. Take the time to explore all of your options.
Thin & Light
Do you need standard polycarbonate lenses or ultra-thin ones?
Thin and light materials are polycarbonate and trivex, which are commonly used in lower prescriptions.
Most prescriptions are ok with polycarbonate. Trivex gives you crisper vision.
The thinnest and lightest materials are called high index (1.67 or 1.74).
Higher prescriptions will benefit from the thinner and lighter high index materials. They are impact resistant but offer thinner technology to meet your cosmetic appeal.
To achieve High Definition Vision, a Crizal® coating must be applied.
High Index 1.67 – High Index 1.74 – Polycarbonate
Options for No-Line Bifocal lenses:
Varilux S 4D
Varilux S Series lenses are the most advanced progressive lenses on the market today. Varilux S Series lenses provide all the benefits of other Varilux lens designs, while eliminating the “off-balance” feeling sometimes experienced when wearing other progressive lenses. Whatever the distance, whatever the situation, Varilux S Series gives you clear vision throughout the lens. You will see the difference immediately.
- Least distortion
- Easiest Adaptation
- Widest computer and reading
Varilux Physio Eyecode W3
- Minimal distortion – widest field of view
- Wide computer and reading
- Custom Vision
- Wide Distance
- Some peripheral distortion
- Computer and reading area
- Personalized Measurements
To achieve High Definition Vision, Crizal® coating must be applied
- Clearest Indoors (best visual acuity)
- Fast fade back speed
- Any prescription and frame
- Suitable for any age
- Blocks 100% of UVA and UVB rays
- Available in Grey (blocks the most light), Brown (great contrast, good for sports especially golf), Graphite Green (true color perception)
- Dark indoors from the brightest sun
- Darken behind the windshield of a car
- Hint of tint all the time to help protect from harsh indoor light
- Blocks 100% of UVA and UVB rays
- Available in Grey, Brown, Graphite Green (color benefits same as listed above for Signature)
- Crizal comes with a 2 year unconditional scratch warranty. Crizal is the hardest coating on the market to scratch, but if you do get a scratch on your lens you are covered!
- Crizal is the only lens on the market using patented technology to keep UV damage from bouncing off of the back of the lens and going into your pupil. This is especially important when wearing Transitions lenses. Transitions lenses adapt to the current lighting allowing your eyes to relax. It is very important to have a Crizal no-glare coating on your lens if you are outside in direct sunlight or working under fluorescent, halogen, or LED to reduce the amount of UV light being transmitted into your eye.
- Having a no glare coating helps to let in 15% more light than as if you did not have the coating. This is crutial to low light activity. The older we get the more our pupil shrinks causing less light to enter the eye. It is essential for our senior patients to be in a Crizal coating to help combat this fact.
- Crizal Prevencia blocks 20% of the damaging blue light that causes age-related macular degeneration. AMD causes the loss of central vision allowing the patient to only view things from their peripheral vision. People are being exposed to this damaging blue light at younger ages than in the past with the development of smart phones, tablets, and the fact that many people work on a computer screen for a large portion of their day. Other coatings block only 10% of the damaging blue light or they block out all of the blue light including the blue-turquoise light that helps regulate the sleep/wake cycle, aids in memory and cognitive performance. Crizal Prevencia lets through this important blue-turquoise spectrum while blocking 20% of the harmful blue-violet spectrum.
This picture shows the damage that blue light causes to the retinal cells
- Provides Maximimum UV Protection with an E-SPF of 50+
- Unparalleled scratch resistance
- Easy to clean, coated with a water-repellent layer that allows water, oil, sweat, and dirt to roll off the lens.
Polarized lenses, your way
Polarized lenses virtually eliminate the glare that reflects off roads, snow, water, and sand, so you can see the world with true colors, depth, and definition. Xperio UV lenses provide unparalleled scratch resistance, cleanability, and UV protection.
- Sienna Brown
- Emerald Blue
- Emerald Blue Gradient
- Gold Mirror
- Blue Mirror
- Grape Gradient
- Gray Mist
- Gray Mist Gradient
- Gray Green
- Plum Gradient
- Silver Mirror
- Forest Gray
- Forest Gray Gradient
For Color Blindness
Facts about Color Blindness and Enchroma
- There are an estimated 300 million people in the world with color vision deficiency.
- 1 in 12 men are color blind (8%).
- 1 in 200 women are color blind (0.5%).
- Color blindness is typically inherited genetically and carried recessively on the X chromosome.
- While color blindness is often considered a mild disability, studies estimate that two-thirds of people with CVD feel it’s a handicap.
- Red-green color blindness doesn’t mean only color confusion with red and green colors, but the whole color spectrum can cause confusion.
- Enchroma glasses are the only specialty eyewear that alleviates red-green color blindness, enhancing colors without the compromise of color accuracy.
- Enchroma started in 2010, after ten years of R&D.
- A father can’t pass his red-green color blindness on to his sons.
- If a woman is red-green color blind, all her sons will also be color blind.
- It’s extremely rare, but it’s possible to have normal color vision in one eye and color blindness in the other eye. This is called unilateral dichromacy.
- The popular “red means bad and green means good” is a poor design for people with color blindness. A better choice would to use red–blue and yellow–blue color combinations.
- Many people with color blindness cannot tell that the power connector on a MacBook changes color.
- Lots of color blind people are surprised to find out that peanut butter is not green.
Enchroma glasses are not a “cure,” “correction,” or “fix” for color blindness. The glasses are based on over ten years of science. They work for four out of five red-green color blind people. Enchroma glasses do not work for everyone and that they do not provide 100% color vision. Enchroma glasses enhance the vibrancy and saturation of certain colors and improve color discrimination, depth and detail perception. The user’s typical experience takes about 5-15 minutes for an effect.