Enjoy Life without Depending on Reading Glasses
The KAMRA inlay treatment is an eye procedure that restores near vision and frees you from the constant frustrations of reading glasses. It is ideal for active people looking to no longer depend on reading glasses or contact lenses for their everyday activities. The KAMRA inlay:
- Restores everyday vision so you can see text messages, a computer screen and the time on your wrist watch, without the frustration of reading glasses
- Provides a natural range of vision – from near to far – without blurry zones
- Offers a long-term solution that will help you enjoy clear near vision over time while maintaining your distance vision
Watch this video to learn more about the KAMRA principle or download our patient education pamphlet.
How the KAMRA Inlay Works
The KAMRA inlay sits in the first few layers of the eye known as the cornea. Smaller and thinner than a contact lens, the inlay is a mini-ring with an opening – or pinhole – in the center. This pinhole allows only focused light to enter your eye. The KAMRA inlay is placed in only one of your eyes, allowing you to see up close, while maintaining your distance vision in both eyes. Your non-KAMRA eye is left untouched. Working together, the eyes allow you to see near to far. This is unlike monovision laser vision correction, which corrects one eye for near and one eye for distance and does not last over time.
What to Expect
You will not be able to drive home following the procedure so make arrangements beforehand for a ride. You should not drive until your doctor tells you that this is okay.
To enhance your recovery and near vision improvement, you should:
- Avoid using your reading glasses
- Take your medications as prescribed by your doctor, including artificial tears
- Keep your follow-up appointments with your doctor
It is typical to experience some fluctuations in your vision in the first three to six months after surgery. This is often a sign of dry eye or your brain adapting to the new vision. These will likely stabilize. The key to success is to be patient with the recovery process and diligent in following your doctor’s instructions. This video contains more information about the KAMRA® inlay recovery period.
Keep in mind that some KAMRA patients may still require reading glasses for activities such as reading tiny print or reading in low light. In addition, if the inlay is not centered properly or if the effects are not ideal, your doctor can safely remove the KAMRA inlay.
Download your copy of the KAMRA Recovery Guide.